Friday, April 8, 2011

The Diet - A Week Filled With Meat

So, how did I do on my diet?  I would say that it went fairly well.  Let me give you the run down:

Monday - you already saw the massive steak that I downed.  It was delicious and low carb.

Tuesday - feeling guilty about the size of the steak from the night before, I cooked wild salmon on the grill with a side of asparagus.  Now I have a confession to make.  I love asparagus.  I know I referred to it as the plastic grass you get with sushi.  It was disrespectful.  It was on the borderline of belligerent.  It was a down-right lie.  I love asparagus...even though it makes pee smell weird (for details on why that is check out this link:  http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4586963_asparagus-urine-smell.html).  OK...confession is over.

Wednesday - after hosting a team building event which included driving like a freakin' madman on go-carts for an hour and a half (where I won the award of most improved driver - what the hell that means I have no clue), I downed three small chicken breasts with barbecue sauce and some green beans.  Though I would have expected something more like a bratwurst or thin frozen pizza from a go-cart course, the chicken breasts came through like a charm!

Thursday - it was sushi night...and I don't think I did as well as I could have.  Naomi Sushi in Barrington makes this great Godzilla roll that is stuffed with God-knows-what and is covered in two types of sauces.  I couldn't resist.  I did, however, try to eat more sashimi and just the fish off of the nigiri sushi.  Then I ate a piece of cheesecake.  I felt that this was still in bounds as my wife pointed out that cheese is low carb.  Thus, if cheese is low carb and it is simply a cake made of cheese, then it is also low carb.  This is my logic and please don't question it.

Friday - tonight is a crap shoot.  We are going to a new Greek restaurant.  I feel confident, though, that I can get a plate filled with some type of meat and flaming cheese.  If anyone has a recommendation, please feel free to pass it on.

BOTTOM LINE:  How much weight have I lost?  As of Thursday, I have lost 2.5 pounds.  That is only half my goal.  However, my final weigh in will be tomorrow morning.  If I can eat enough meat for dinner tonight I may just make my target!!

1 comment:

  1. BTW, we had served that salmon and asparagus with some wonderful blue cheese polenta and that combination tasted like heaven! But, to be fair, Mark had only had a little bit of the polenta... ;-)

    And I think the diet has worked because he is looking very lean and strong!

    ReplyDelete